A face and neck lift is a cosmetic procedure that improves the appearance of the face and neck by removing excess skin and tightening underlying muscles. The procedure is also known as a rhytidectomy.
A face and neck lift can be performed on its own or in conjunction with other cosmetic procedures, such as a brow lift, eyelid surgery, or chin augmentation.
Who is a good candidate for a face and neck lift?
A face and neck lift is a good option for people who are unhappy with the appearance of their face and neck. It is especially popular among people who have:
- Excess skin on the face and neck
- Sagging skin on the face and neck
- Deep wrinkles and folds on the face and neck
- A loss of definition of the jawline and cheekbones
What are the benefits of a face and neck lift?
The benefits of an operation include:
- Reduced wrinkles and folds on the face and neck
- Tighter skin on the face and neck
- More defined jawline and cheekbones
- More youthful facial profile
What are the risks and complications of a face and neck lift?
As with any surgery, there are some risks and complications associated with a surgery. These risks include:
- Dry eyes
- Difficulty closing the eyes
- Changes in sensation in the face and neck
Discuss the risks and benefits of a surgery with your surgeon before deciding whether or not to have the procedure.
How is a face and neck lift performed?
A face and neck lift is typically performed under general anesthesia. The surgeon will begin by making a series of incisions around the ears and along the hairline. The surgeon will then remove excess skin and tighten underlying muscles. The surgeon will then stitch the incisions closed.
What is the recovery process like after a face and neck lift?
Recovery from a face and neck lift is typically uneventful. Most people are able to go home from the hospital within a few days after surgery.
It is important to follow your surgeon’s instructions carefully during the recovery period. This may include:
- Applying ice packs to your face and neck to reduce swelling
- Taking pain medication
- Avoiding strenuous activity for at least two weeks
- Avoiding sun exposure for at least six weeks
Most people are able to return to work or school within a few weeks after a face and neck lift. However, it is important to be patient and give your face and neck time to heal completely.
What are the results of a face and neck lift?
The results of a face and neck lift are typically long-lasting. Most people enjoy a more youthful and refreshed appearance for many years after surgery.
How much does a face and neck lift cost?
The cost of a face and neck lift will vary depending on the surgeon’s fee, the geographic location where the surgery is performed, and the complexity of the procedure. However, in general, the cost of a surgery ranges from $5,000 to $10,000.
A face and neck lift is a safe and effective procedure that can improve the appearance of the face and neck. If you are unhappy with the appearance of your face and neck and are considering a surgery, be sure to consult with a qualified oculoplastic surgeon.
Here is some additional information about Neck and face lift surgery:
- The procedure is typically performed in under four hours.
- The new facial and neck shape will continue to improve over the next few weeks as the swelling subsides.
- Neck and face lift surgery can be combined with other cosmetic procedures, such as a brow lift, eyelid surgery, or chin augmentation.
- The results of the surgery are immediately visible.
- The surgery is a relatively low-maintenance procedure. Once the face and neck have healed, patients can resume their normal activities and wear makeup as usual.
If you are considering Neck and face lift surgery, be sure to do your research and choose a qualified surgeon.