Recently, DHI hair transplant has been one of the popular applications in Turkey hair transplant. It is applied in high-level clinics such as Healwide ® due to its higher cost than the FUE method. Although it is similar to the FUE method in general terms, there are fundamental differences between them. These differences change the success rate and application time of the DHI method.
What is DHI Hair Transplant?
DHI, with its full name, direct hair implantation, is an application that has become popular with its shorter healing and multiple hair transplant in a single session. In the DHI hair transplant turkey, the collected hair follicles are transplanted directly without opening the canal. It gives a dense and natural hair structure to bald areas.
The hair follicles are examined with special imaging techniques in the preliminary examination performed by the doctor before the procedure. The donor area where the hair type, root structure, and the number of grafts are suitable is determined. When hair loss of the person affects the hairline, the hairline is designed by the person’s facial features.
With the appropriate hairline for the patient’s facial structure, a natural appearance is revealed after the transplant process. Since the DHI hair transplant turkey is performed under local anesthesia, pain is not felt during the procedure.
How Does it Work?
In the DHI method, the hair does not need to be shaved. This advantage makes the DHI technique more preferred by women. As the first step of the process, hair follicles are collected one by one with micromotor devices. The extracted hair follicles are kept in a particular solution. With this solution, the vitality of the hair follicles is preserved. With the completion of hair follicle collection, the area to be planted for the second stage is anesthetized with local anesthesia.
Like the FUE method, the DHI method also requires expertise. While performing a hair transplant in the DHI method, transplantation should be performed in accordance with the direction of hair growth. Attention should be paid to the determined hairline and hair roots.
The collected hair follicles are transplanted directly to the bold area on the head without opening the canal. Since no incision is made for the follicle channels, the recovery time is shorter after the procedure.
FUE vs DHI Which is Better?
There are several points where the DHI method differs from the FUE method. While not opening a channel is the main difference, this situation creates great differences between the two transactions. In the DHI method, close to 1500 grafts are transplanted in a single session. Several sessions may be needed to complete the entire hair transplant if the bald area is large.
The DHI hair transplant turkey is generally preferred where frequent application is required in a narrow space. Since it is an application that requires extra expertise, it should be done in private clinics such as Healwide ®
Who needs a DHI procedure?
The ideal candidates for hair transplantation typically exhibit androgenic alopecia, the most prevalent form of hair loss commonly known as male or female pattern hair loss. However, several key characteristics also play a crucial role in determining one’s suitability for a successful hair transplantation procedure:
- Age: Suitable candidates for hair transplants are typically aged 25 or older. Hair loss that occurs before this age is often more unpredictable, and it is essential to establish a stable pattern of hair loss before considering transplantation.
- Hair Diameter: Individuals with thicker hair strands often achieve more favorable outcomes than those with finer hair. Thicker hair provides better coverage and a more robust appearance when the transplanted hair grows.
- Donor Hair Density: The density of donor hair is a critical factor. Patients with a donor site containing fewer than 40 hair follicles per square centimeter are generally considered less ideal candidates for hair transplants due to limitations in donor hair availability.
- Hair Color: People with light-colored hair or hair shades closely resembling their skin tone tend to achieve the most satisfactory results. The closer the hair color matches the skin tone, the more natural and seamless the transplant appears.
- Expectations: Realistic expectations are a key determinant of patient satisfaction. Those with sensible and attainable expectations are more likely to be content with the results of their hair transplantation, as they understand the limitations and potential outcomes of the procedure.